Welcome To What's Up With Me!!


This year I want to get personal, to just talk, I have used my blog for business for so long I have grown tired of trying to keep it up dated. SOOOOOO I thought I would give you pieces of my mind ... LOL little pieces at a time.
Now I will from time to time show you what's new in my etsy.com shop but mostly I just want to relax, unwind or get uptight whatever the day brings. But now I'm going to put into words what I'm thinking, what I'm going through, what I'm happy about.

This may become therapy, way cheaper this way!!!


So Welcome
!

Monday, January 28, 2013

Dinner and Fritters

Day 28 of 2013 ....

We had lots of company over for dinner tonight.  Sara, Patrick, Molly and Miles, with them was Allison and Rhyleigh, 2 more of our grandchildren.  Sara babysits for Missy, she works 3rd shift, so Sara has the girls at dinner time and then they sleep over and she takes them to school in the morning. 

I put all the ingredients for the meatloaf in a big big bowl while Cecil cut up an onion to add.  He then mixed everything for me because sometimes may hands get to cold mixing the meat and they hurt.  I'm a big sissy, I already know it but it's OK with Cecil and He's the one doing all the extra work.  Now back to the meatloaf,  the meatloaf is all mixed up and Cecil scoops up this huge mound of meat and plops it down on the pan and starts to form a loaf and He continues to do this until He is satisfied with the outcome.  Long and narrow.  It fills the pan top to bottom with room on the sides for the grease to pool ... lol.

Yesterday while we were shopping I found a new cookbook.  Betty Crocker/ Bisquick Breakfast and Brunch.  I was very pleased with my find and so I purchased this new cookbook and started planning what to make 1st.  Tonight I made Sour Cherry Fritters.  I found them on page 60 at the bottom.  They looked easy enough and quick enough.  I really wanted to give them a try.  Cecil wasn't going to let me make them tonight because we went to the gym and I tried to hard to make muscle.  My back hurts.  My feet hurt.  My legs hurt.  So he said wait until tomorrow.  I was very put out but willing to abide to his decision.  Since I already mentioned I made Sour Cherry Fritters Cecil must have changed his mind.  And he's glad he did.

To go with the meatloaf we had grandma potatoes.  WHAT ARE GRANDMA POTATOES???  You may be wondering.  Parsley potatoes.  My mom made potatoes and my girls loved them and they have been called grandma potatoes every since.  Now I'm the grandma that makes them.   I'm sure my mom still does but my girls and grandchildren live closer to me.  We also had peas and carrots made with so much love that everyone ate some.  I found extra love in stick form under the BLUE BONNET label.  I like Blue Bonnet Butter.  Oh and I added some home made garlic bread since I found some Italian bread on special at the grocery store today.  It was a very good dinner.  And once you add the Fritters ... everyone was full!

I wanted to give you the recipe for the Sour Cherry Fritters

1 Cup original biquick mix
1/4 cup cold water
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 egg
2/3 cup dried sour cherries, chopped
vegetable oil for deep frying
2 tablespoons powdered sugar

1. In medium bowl, stir bisquick mix, cold water, granulated sugar, almond extract and egg until blended.  Stir in cherries.
2. In deep fryer or 4-quart heavy saucepan, heat 2 to 3 inches oil to 350 degrees F.  Drop about 5 to 6 small spoonfuls of batter into hot oil.  Fry  to 2 minutes or until browned; drain on paper towel.  Repeat with remaining batter.  Sprinkle fritters with powdered sugar.  Serve warm.

Yummmmmmmmmm

I did add some home made apple butter to the plate for dipping and that was wonderful.

Tomorrow I will be cooking for the same crowd.  Pork Roast and SourKraut is what I'm planning.  The fritters may be served again tomorrow.


You try the fritters and let me know what you think.

Have a good evening
 - Marcene

     

No comments: