Welcome To What's Up With Me!!


This year I want to get personal, to just talk, I have used my blog for business for so long I have grown tired of trying to keep it up dated. SOOOOOO I thought I would give you pieces of my mind ... LOL little pieces at a time.
Now I will from time to time show you what's new in my etsy.com shop but mostly I just want to relax, unwind or get uptight whatever the day brings. But now I'm going to put into words what I'm thinking, what I'm going through, what I'm happy about.

This may become therapy, way cheaper this way!!!


So Welcome
!

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Smoothies and the gym ... oh my!

 Day 20 of 2013 ... Sunday evening

I am trying to put a healthier lifestyle in place of what I have now.  We have added a gym membership.  The fees are paid regularly which is more than I can say for our walking up the ramp to the door of the gym.  I try to put some motion in my day, I run to get the phone.  I'm glad no one is home when I do this.  I have both hands on my chest holding the girls in place, I don't want to hurt myself.  I pick my feet up.  I bring my knees up.  I really get some motion going ... putting effort into the 3 yards I am traveling to get to the phone.  Effort counts ... right?

 Lets see ... what else am I doing or have I changed to bring myself into a more fit, me.  Since I absolutely HATE YOGURT I make smoothies and put yogurt in it.  That works for me.  I use a store bought yogurt, the cheap stuff, lots of frozen fruit and a variety of juices.  It turns out very good usually.  Once in a while I add to much yogurt and I just can't stomach it.  Really ... my throat refuses to swallow it so I hope the grandkids are coming over soon.  They have liked every smoothie I have made so far, but they like yogurt.

OK so I added smoothies to get some fruit and some yogurt into my diet.  Since the fruit is frozen I don't add ice and the smoothie is nice and thick.  Now it's time to add more goodness to my diet.  I was told to add spinach and peanut butter to my smoothies and I tried it.  No to the peanut butter.  Now I know I don't like cold peanut butter but the spinach is a hit.  It doesn't change the taste really.  It does however change the look of the smoothie.  It is a little different drinking something gray so I add more strawberries to brighten the color and that helped some.  The grandkids drink it up!!!  What a great way to get some extra vitamins into a child,  hide it in something sweet.  If they are here they always share my smoothie.  I get 1 glass- they share the rest of the smoothies maker container.  I can make more tomorrow. 

We have also added wheat bread .... when Sara is around anyway.  Behind her back we eat white bread.  Oh well.  Baby steps.  I take a vitamin for women over 50.  It's the size of a small horse but I force it down several times a week at least.  Cecil takes what I call his "man pill"  It's a vitamin for men over 60.  I do make sure he takes his "man pill" more often then I take my "old lady pill".  What they don't know ... right.

I have a class reunion to go to in August of this year.  35 years ... WOW .... That is just ...   ummm I'm really getting old.  I wonder if any classmates read my blog?   Maybe I'll find out in August.

That's all for tonight.  Everyone has gone home.  We have the house to ourselves again.  I needed a nap and took one.  Sara and Pat and Molly and Miles came over to help clean out the fridge.   Molly made a very nice necklace that will double as a headband.  Very cute.  I will get a picture of it this week.  We will all be working in the Ministry together tomorrow morning.  Then to the gym ... Hahaha,  we'll see. 

Talk to you tomorrow
 - Marcene

No comments: