Welcome To What's Up With Me!!


This year I want to get personal, to just talk, I have used my blog for business for so long I have grown tired of trying to keep it up dated. SOOOOOO I thought I would give you pieces of my mind ... LOL little pieces at a time.
Now I will from time to time show you what's new in my etsy.com shop but mostly I just want to relax, unwind or get uptight whatever the day brings. But now I'm going to put into words what I'm thinking, what I'm going through, what I'm happy about.

This may become therapy, way cheaper this way!!!


So Welcome
!

Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 4 of 2013 and we continue from yesterday with a good morning to you and a recap ...
1. Cecil and I are getting older and we are both tired so we started thinking of downsizing.
2. Our middle child Sara, now all grown up, married, with a family, has outgrown their apartment and they need a house.
3. We like Sara and her hubby Patrick
4. Sara and her hubby Patrick like us  
5. Lets go house hunting  ...
Now that your memory has been bumped alittle we will continue with the rest of the story.

So the decision was made we were going to combine our assets and find a home for all of us to live together.  Secretly this is what I always wanted, my children, my grandchildren, near me, but I want all of them near me, well I guess we start with 1.  But I didn't know I was going to so tired at this time in my life.

Lets not go there - lets go on with the story of how we got Sara and Patrick, Molly and Miles moving in our house.  Once we decided to move Sara and I got started.  She went through the paper and circled houses for us to go drive by.  I googled houses for sale so we could get detail info like price, sq. footage, property taxes, bedrooms and bathrooms.  I printed out homes in our area she had the current homes listings of the paper and off we went.  We drove to places we had never been to before.  It's a good thing Sara has a GPS of some sort or we may never have gotten out of a few places and back home.  We did find a few homes that we wanted to get inside so we called Page Thompson, she is a realtor with DreamHomes here in our area of Ohio and she has shown us houses in the past .... she even sold our house once but that is a blog for a different day.
Oh these houses were fabulous and Sara and I were figuring out what we absolutely had to have in our new residence, what we wanted, what we were willing to do without but would love to have and what we knew the Guys would want or would say no to the house because of.   We thought about putting our money where our mouth is when the money became an issue.  In the past 30 years Cecil and I have purchased 3 homes.  We have refinanced those homes when needed or a better deal came along.  No worries.  No problems.  No money upfront needed or minimal amount needed.   We were able to put a bid on our 1st house in Oklahoma City for only $1.00 in earnest money.   This is how we came to the realization that we needed a new plan.  The houses we were looking at with the room in sq footage and bed and bathrooms we needed to accommodate our 2 families ... well we needed a down payment in the thousands of dollars.   
NEW PLAN!!

Well what if we give you guys our house and we live in our bedroom.  Wait ... wait ....  we add on a Mother-In-Law Suite to our bedroom side of the house and you guys get to own a house and still get to live with US.
What a great idea.  We are working toward this right now but there is lots to do.  Building plans have to be ok'd, money .... we gotta start saving money,  building material ... we are gathering what we can as we can so the financial challenge of adding on are spread out some.    No one here is rich and Cecil doesn't want to get a loan.  We will do this ourselves with our friends and pay with food and hugs and appreciation.  It will get done.  Sara and Patrick, Molly and now baby Miles will live here soon.  Molly told me she will bring Miles to see me every morning so I can have a hug and kiss from both of them.  Now that's worth getting up for, and you would think so to if you knew Molly like we know Molly. ...LOL

So Sara is happy she will have a house.  Cecil and I are happy we are downsizing.  Patrick is happy because ... well why wouldn't Patrick be happy, He gets to live with his IN LAWS ... FOREVER!!!

We will share the kitchen so I can still have big family meals,  I love big family meals.  We are now wrapping our ever lov'en arms around 16 family members.    I will let the kids clean up the mess ...
I'll go to my room!!    Remember It's Sara's house now.

I will keep you updated as to our progress.
But now I'm off to get a perm, to shop and to have lunch with 2 of my 3 daughters and lots and lots of grandkids.  I wonder who's paying?? 


























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Write.about.your.favorite.daughter.

dreamof2013 said...

So glad that you guys are moving ever closer to that goal of living together. :)