Welcome To What's Up With Me!!


This year I want to get personal, to just talk, I have used my blog for business for so long I have grown tired of trying to keep it up dated. SOOOOOO I thought I would give you pieces of my mind ... LOL little pieces at a time.
Now I will from time to time show you what's new in my etsy.com shop but mostly I just want to relax, unwind or get uptight whatever the day brings. But now I'm going to put into words what I'm thinking, what I'm going through, what I'm happy about.

This may become therapy, way cheaper this way!!!


So Welcome
!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

It's all about you Sarrrrrr

day 3 of 2013 and it's all about Sara Gork ... LOL

I was going to tell you about my totally wonderful new dishwasher but someone put a different idea in my head and she thought it would be such a great idea if I blogged about SARA. 
Now I know my business connections are saying "Sara, who is Sara".  Sara is one of our daughters.  She is NOT our 1st born.  She is not our baby.  Sara is THE MIDDLE CHILD and she has always been a - stand out on her own - type person.  She is now an adult, by age not by attitude, she is still as fun loving as ever,  she is married to Patrick Brumbly and they have 2 children, Molly and Miles.
Sara, Pat and the 2 kids are going to be relocating from the city very soon.  They are moving in HERE. 

Let me tell you how this came about.  About 18 months ago We, Cecil and Me, had decided we were all done taking care of this place, the place we live in and the little bit land and such.  Granted 2 acres isn't much unless your tired of mowing it.  Add to that keeping the pool clean, and don't forget the vegetable garden and the flower gardens.  We now know how long you have to neglect those gardens to get a nice thick crop of weeds. 
The kids, Sara and Pat and Molly (no baby Miles at this time), came over, as was their custom, weather it was for dinner or to swim or just to come over and check up on the old folks.  They were kicking around an idea and they wanted to talk to us about it.
They needed a bigger place for their growing family (remember baby Miles will be here within a year).  So they were talking about a house and we were talking about downsizing from a house.  Ideas were forming between us ... you could almost smell the thought process.   You know Cecil and I had thought at one time we would move into the basement of their apartment but now they are going to leave that apartment.  What about us?  Come on Sara you know we're getting old.  - Oh did we come up with a great idea.  Sell this house and buy a house big enough for all of us to live together.  Sara and Patrick will be the 2 responsible for the house and any land we purchase together and they will also be the caretakers of 2 old folks.  Cecil and I will have a bedroom and a bathroom and some bills.  Now Sara and Pat have lived with us once or twice in the past for maybe 6 months or a year so we already know that we get along but this time the tables will be turned.  The tables along with the pots and pans will belong to Sara not me.  

I have been asked by friends of mine, friends of Sara's and others close enough to us to be concerned for our future living arrangements and our well being if this is really something I can do.  Give up my house?  Live under someone else's roof ?  Let another Woman, my daughter, be in charge of the kitchen?  Can I do it???
Yes, Yes, Yes and YES.  I am so ready to NOT dust, NOT vacuum, NOT be responsible for dinner, NOT do the dishes.   Sara wants to take care of us.  She wants us to live a long long time.  She likes us.  I get to watch my grandchildren grow and NOT have to be a #1 parent.  I'm just a ... "I GOT YOUR BACK" ... Grandparent.  Whatever you say for those kids goes ... I'll back you up .... that will now be MEEEEE! 

BUT since I already told you they are moving in here something must have happened to change our minds about moving out.  Should I tell you now?  No.  Look how much room I have used already so I will finish this story tomorrow.  It's all about Sara!!  She gets 2 days!!!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Lookie SAR!! you're famous!!!

dreamof2013 said...

You leave us with a cliff hanger?! How could u? lol