Welcome To What's Up With Me!!


This year I want to get personal, to just talk, I have used my blog for business for so long I have grown tired of trying to keep it up dated. SOOOOOO I thought I would give you pieces of my mind ... LOL little pieces at a time.
Now I will from time to time show you what's new in my etsy.com shop but mostly I just want to relax, unwind or get uptight whatever the day brings. But now I'm going to put into words what I'm thinking, what I'm going through, what I'm happy about.

This may become therapy, way cheaper this way!!!


So Welcome
!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 9 - Under The Weather

Day 9 of 2013

I have never learned how to use the words "WEATHER" and "WHETHER"

Which one means it storming outside and which one means IF?
I googled the spelling of one of them to find out which I wanted to use in today's blog.  Since I am not feeling well I am UNDER THE WEATHER.  If I need to make a decision as to WHETHER I should go outside or not I use the other one.  This does not help me to know which is which and which to use if I'm not near a dictionary or a computer for google.  Hmmmmm .... I have to think of a way to tell them apart.

WHETHER - If I break this down.  This spelling has the word HE in it twice and WEATHER only has HE in it once.  Maybe I can use that.  HE, masculine, head of house, HE is the decision maker.  But I know of no man that can multi-task, well not my man anyway, ( a good man but not a multi-tasker)  and HE is in the decision making spelling of the word twice ... hence ... multi-tasking.  Are you following me here?  I may be able to remember that WHETHER is the word I use when I'm talking about a choice or expressing an inquiry.

So that means that the spelling WEATHER is whats going on outside.  Is it raining?  Snowing?  Is is warming up?  Or is it still cold?   This word does have one HE in it toward the end of the word but it starts with WE.  And it definitely depends on whats going on outside as to what WE can do outside. 

Is that it?  I am 52 years old and it took me writing this blog to finally be able to write the correct usage of this word with the correct spelling.  ... My oh My .... 

Today's blog came about because I am not feeling well.  As to whether the weather has anything to do with it or not I don't know maybe it was because I was kissing on those grandbabies alllllllllll weekend long.  At least one of them usually has a cold or a cough or a runny nose so it could have been the kissing and the hugging and the squeezing that passed on these germs.  I just know that 3 days after the next visit I will be UNDER THE WEATHER again.   All for the love of those grandbabies.  We have 8 grandchildren ranging in age 15years to 15 months.  Maybe I'll tell you about our sleep overs and art parties soon.

So until tomorrow -
Feel the sunshine when you get a chance



































































































































No comments: