Welcome To What's Up With Me!!


This year I want to get personal, to just talk, I have used my blog for business for so long I have grown tired of trying to keep it up dated. SOOOOOO I thought I would give you pieces of my mind ... LOL little pieces at a time.
Now I will from time to time show you what's new in my etsy.com shop but mostly I just want to relax, unwind or get uptight whatever the day brings. But now I'm going to put into words what I'm thinking, what I'm going through, what I'm happy about.

This may become therapy, way cheaper this way!!!


So Welcome
!

Friday, February 8, 2013

Babies and Cakes and MORE

Hi there, this isn't Marcene tonight. Her favorite daughter is blogging for her tonight, again!!! I honestly don't mind, I have always loved to write (or type, whatever). I did it alot more when i was younger. I tried to have my own blog once but believe it or not i ran out of things to talk about, so then i started talking about my past and my horrible choices i made, well then that turned into me being sad, so i stopped that real quick and suppressed everything back down where it should be!!! I'm right as rain now. LoL anyway, back to my mom's blog. So let's see, what should I blog about. She wanted me to tell all you awesome readers out there about the "normal" cake I made for our family art party tomorrow. So hey everyone guess what..... I made a cake!!! WOO HOO!!! it's white and boring. just like my mom wanted. Her exact words (that i heard) "bethy, i just want a boring cake with no fondant or beautiful decorations, i want you to ignore all you amazing creativity and just make me a boring ole white cake with fluffy icing... so we can eat it with ice cream" yes, you read it right, those were her exact words (that i heard) So i did as my amazing mother asked of me, like i always do as the amazing favorite daughter i am. I made a white cake with white icing, all made from scratch and full of love. AND I HATED IT!!!!! every time i would walk by that cake, i would look at it like it did something wrong to me. It was so....... BLAH!!! i couldn't stand it anymore. Something inside me took over and i decorated it!!! dun dun dun!!!! don't worry i didn't go over bored. I just added some cute little hearts. They are piped out of icing died pastel pink and then i took a flat art brush and did this lace affect on it. It's kind of hard to explain, I think i did a good job not over doing it so my mommy would still be happy. So there you have it, that is the story of the cake thus far. More will come tomorrow after we eat it and after everyone sees we. Wonder what mommy with think! LoL
   Now on to the BABIES!!!! I love babies!!!! I'm going to be a grandma and I'm so excited. Yeah yeah, I'm young, some would say to young to be a grandma, BUT since my 7 year old isn't the one having the baby and my 26 year old daughter in law is, I'm aloud to be happy! LoL umm.... i think that's in on the baby part. Its seems like alot more before i typed it out. Sorry!!!
     What else can I talk about? ....... oooo We can talk about family. Family is one of the most important things to me, and being that tomorrow is a BIG family get together, it seems like perfect timing. so where do i start, well lets start at the beginning, when you realize to don't like your siblings. Now of coarse this age comes at different times for everyone. I don't remember exactly when it happened for me, but i can tell you the time i realized I loved my sisters more then anything. I have 2 sisters so it happened at different times for both of them. Missy, the oldest sister, it happened at about the age of 19. She helped me realize that no matter what happened to me i could always turn to her and she wouldn't judge me, she wouldn't lecture me (until the time was right) and she would never turn me away. I went throw alot when i was 19 and no matter what it was, from something small like i needed to just cry or something big, like i needed to hide from the scary monster that was my husband at the time (now my ex, no worries) she was there. I had no hesitation and no worries about what she would think of me or how she would treat me. At age 19 my sister Missy was my rock. NOW onto Sara...... Sara and I have different stories about how we felt about each other growing up, she said she always loved me and i always thought she ALWAYS heated me, like with a passion hated me. Turns out, i was wrong. I remember realizing Sara loved and I loved and needed her when i was 20. I once again running away and hiding from the scary monster, ended up at my parents house. Lilly was just a baby. I don't remember exactly how it all happened, but i remember i woke up on the couch and Sara's face was right there when i opened my eyes, like she had been waiting all night for me to wake up. She asked me if i was ok and she told me she was happy i was there and hugged me. That may not seem like much when you read it, but if you could have heard her voice.... i don't think i can explain it,  honestly i don't think it was until that moment that i realized she even liked me. Not saying she was mean to me or anything, but i mean growing up, we were both just there. Sometimes our circle of friends would mix and we would go out with a group of friends together and other times I wouldn't see her till she got off work at 11 a night and come home wanting to watch a movie because she couldn't go to sleep. (that memory makes me smile) But at the moment when she hugged me and said she was happy i was there. I felt love in her hug and in her voice. At that point i realized I loved my sister, and also, that she really did love me too. I wasn't just a sister. I was someone she cared about.
     You know, when you think about it, its so crazy. You get pared up with these people that you fight with for soooo  many years and at some points really feel anger and madness toward. Then all it takes is that one hug or that one moment when you know they have you back no matter what, and its like non of those fights or feeling ever excited. Its amazing. I love my sisters with all my heart. Still to this day i know Missy has my back no matter what and i know she will knock a person down if she has to ( i almost did that for her once but that's another blog, lol ) and i know Sara will be my best friend forever and i know she misses me if we go two days without talking. (she's not much of a talker so she is usually good with one day without hearing my rambling) The reason we are like this tho is because of our mother. Our mother showed us how to love and to listen and how to genuinely care and show love for a person you love and that you care about ..... my sisters and i wouldn't be like this if it wasn't for my family. We grow up watching my dad's family and my mom's family. My sisters and I remember the FUN family get together, where my aunt is trying to play chicken with my mom while riding on the necks of my grandma and my aunt, or the other way around, I can't remember fulling who was playing chicken with who, i just remember EVERYONE peeing themselves laughing so hard. LoL It's memories like that memory that help you forget about all the other stupid fights and angry moments.
  I know nobodies child hood is sunshine and rainbows and glitter or whatever!!! We all fight and get angry.... every teenage has the worst life ever...... every mother has the worst breakdowns ever...... every couple has the worst fights ever...... BUT.... it always gets better.,..... Teenagers will grow up..... Mothers will calm down..... and couples will kiss......


     Then everyone will eat cake.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MOOOOOOOMMMM! Bethy took over your bloggy thingy and made me cry!!!

and smile....and want to eat cake!

Love you little sister