Welcome To What's Up With Me!!


This year I want to get personal, to just talk, I have used my blog for business for so long I have grown tired of trying to keep it up dated. SOOOOOO I thought I would give you pieces of my mind ... LOL little pieces at a time.
Now I will from time to time show you what's new in my etsy.com shop but mostly I just want to relax, unwind or get uptight whatever the day brings. But now I'm going to put into words what I'm thinking, what I'm going through, what I'm happy about.

This may become therapy, way cheaper this way!!!


So Welcome
!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Skype

Day 38 of 2013 ... Feb 7th

A couple days ago my Sister-in-Law Linda called me and asked if I had Skype.  I had heard of Skype but, NO, I had not set up an account with Skype or - on Skype or whatever it is that you have to do to get Skype.  I told Her I would look into it later on that day ... I was in the check out line at WalMart at that moment.  After we got home I went through my packages and put away what I wanted put away and then I came in here like I always do ... just try to stop these feet from walking this direction and this butt from sitting in this chair ...  I turned on my computer and the internet modem.  I waited, and waited, and waited because it takes forever for this flat screen monitor to warm up and show me - my big bear wallpapger.  I do what is now automatic.  I open 2 or 3 browsers and in each browser I open 2 or 3 different programs.

Google Chrome - http://www.MarcenzJewelSupplies.etsy.com   and Chefville which is a game I play from either Facebook or http://www.zynga.com  and of course my gmail account

Firefox -  is my default browser.  Also this is the browser that is the most populated with tab.  Always open is Yahoo email.  A page on etsy.com will be open whether it is my Jewelry shop on Etsy ... http://www.marcenebt99.etsy.com   or a Buy In Treasury called a BNS or BNR that I run weekly for the Progressive BNS Team also an Etsy thing.  Other websites I frequent from Firefox include ebay, our financial institutes, I will check on other bills from this here also.  Firefox gives me the least problems so I use it the most and do the most with it.

Internet Explorer -  Since I don't think internet explorer can handle more than 2 webpages at a time I use this only when I have Progressive BNS Team Activities to tend to.  This is the browser I use to access my team and to check on the team email.  I don't really do anything else on IE because I don't think IE can handle any more.  I don't think it works well with others ... LOL ... other browsers or more than 2 tabs.

But we were talking about Skype and I got off task.  That's what happens to me and that is what happened the other day.  I came home and forgot to check out Skype 1st thing as I said I would.  It was long into the evening when I remembered.  I went to http://www.skype.com  found some info, all seemed fine so I downloaded it onto my PC.  Well let me tell you how foolish I felt when I remembered this computer does not have a camera and I do not have a webcam.  NO SKYPE-ING

I have an iPad with a camera so I start over.  I go to skype.com download the program, register an account.  jump through a few more hoops as is required with any well established entity that one would want to use.  OK am I ready now???  I don't know ... How would I know?  Wait there is a test call I can make to check the system and see that all is well and set up and registered and on and on ...  I do the test call.  ALL IS WELL and RIGHT AS RAIN.  I will be talking to my Momma on Skype soon now.

Linda calls me to ask why I'm not answering ... they are calling my through Skype.  My iPad didn't ring.  I thought it should ring.  So I got my coffee, brought it into the kitchen,  I got my iPad, brought it into the kitchen.  Turned it on, opened the Skype program, found Linda's Skype number and pressed the phone icon.  I heard it ring,  Come on Mom ... Linda show Her where the button is to press.  I can see it's working, a live picture of me is in the corner.  AHHHHH there She is ...... MY MOM - HI MOM (I'M WAVING).
Mom got Her coffee, I got my coffee.  It's been a long time since we've had coffee together.  We're going to do this again next week also.
Thanks Linda!!!

 - Marcene  




No comments: